It is important to communicate clearly and consistently with your work colleagues in order to maintain and increase productivity, and to reduce the risk of difficult situations arising between yourself and others in your team.
In this workshop you will examine your communication style, listening and questioning skills, and your conflict management style. This examination will assist in discovering if you contribute to the difficult situations which occur in your workplace relationships. By changing some of the habitual styles you use you will discover more effective ways to achieve results which will illustrate successful communication skills.
By the end of this workshop you will be able to:
- understand the principles of good communication
- use communication skills to achieve influence with your team
- use communication skills to explain plans, expectations and priorities
- listen and express empathy with the ideas of others
- communicate to project one's opinions and ideas
- use differing behaviours
- use appropriate communication methods to suit the situation; emails, texts, face-to-face
- recognise and manage the causes of conflict through inadequate communication
- reduce the risk of the possibility of future conflict
- engage in challenging conversations with colleagues, giving feedback in a constructive manner
- discover what needs to change in your past habitual communication behaviours.
- Systems to assist in communication
- Your communication style
- Your listening skills
- Your questioning skills
- Your conflict management style when dealing with the pressures of your role
- "It was an enjoyable course and taught me a lot about myself and how to deal with my behaviours."
- "Many tools provided - will use and practise in day to day challenges."
- "Thorough and stimulating workshop run by a trainer with wide and varied experience who was willing to share all her experience and expertise."
- "This course has increased my confidence and communication skills."