"Those who communicate are those who lead."
This workshop traverses the meeting cycle from the decision to hold a meeting through planning, execution and review. Information, checklists and templates are provided and opportunity to practise new skills in a role-play setting.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to conduct meetings that result in:
- less misunderstanding
- increased cooperation with changes
- improved commitment
- reinforced role of management
- reduced effect of damaging rumours.
- The right reason to hold a meeting
- Meeting preparation
- Types of meeting - tool box, team brief, full staff meeting
- Planning the meeting
- Establishing terms of reference
- Handling problem situations in meetings
- The agenda
- Duration and location of the meeting
- Dealing with latecomers, opinionated participants and quiet, non-opinionated participants
- Role of the Chair
- Establishing action plans
- Taking minutes
- After the meeting
- Evaluating the meeting
- "Great presenter, excellent knowledge."
- "Rosita's knowledge and presenter style kept the workshop relevant and interesting."
- "Very informative and practical workshop."
- "Well researched, credible presenter."