The workshop will consider pre-prepared cases provided by you as the basis for practising strategic thinking in preparation for advocacy. Group work will be carried out to achieve influence through reasoned argument. You and others will act out some of your workplace challenges and interventions will be tried and assessed for effectiveness. Subject to time, there may be opportunity for open discussion of relevant issues.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- understand the different techniques for influencing others and recognise when others are using these techniques
- understand techniques for establishing trust
- know how to be assertive without damaging relationships
- formulate a strategy to influence a situation
- develop and present a reasoned argument
- understand techniques for handling objections, and challenging the views of others constructively.
- Thinking strategically before advocating for your organisation's interests at meetings to strengthen your case
- Techniques that influence others and help build sound working relationships - presenting a reasoned argument
- What to do when people object, criticise or challenge you
- Open session for participants to raise relevant issues
- "Will be very helpful for my work going forward."
- "I enjoyed the workshop."