Extended DISC is a world renowned, on-line profiling process providing organisations with real solutions to human resource issues. Easy to use, comprehensive and accurate, it is tried and tested - and provides a great tool for managers, consultants, coaches, HR teams and business development specialists.
Extended DISC is more than just a 'snapshot' of current behaviours; it generates an understanding of natural behaviours, work styles and communication preferences, along with a clear outline of likely motivators, demotivators, team dynamics and interactions.
This workshop will help you to develop self-awareness about your natural behaviour style, the behavioural styles of your team members, and how to use their strengths to develop a high performing team.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- interpret your own Extended DISC Profile and therefore raise self-awareness
- recognise the difference between your natural behavioural style and the behavioural style you need to develop to facilitate your role
- recognise the behavioural styles of team members and the differing communication styles you may need to use to get the best out of your team
- conduct challenging conversations with your team members
- recognise the skills required in the role of a supervisor in today’s workplace.
- Overview of Extended DISC and its uses
- Debrief and interpretation of individual Extended DISC Profiles
- Identification of personal goals for developing leadership capability
- Using the Extended DISC Profiles to understand the team profile
- Recognising and using the strengths of each team member
- Using appropriate communication to ensure team members are clear about what is expected of them in their roles
- Techniques for challenging conversations
- The importance of accountability and decision making in the supervisory role
- Supporting team members to raise performance