Risk management has become ever more important to all aspects of business and management. Compliance issues have been growing and breaches can be very costly. The issue of business and investment risk has also come to prominence over the last two decades.
This workshop introduces risk management principles and skills to novices and to seasoned practitioners in a structured manner. It provides a general overview of the discipline of risk management and gives a conceptual framework that will assist you in assessing and planning for the treatment of risk in any area of application.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- understand the principles of risk management
- apply and tailor proven risk management principles and techniques to suit your environment, application and size of operation
- identify hazards
- understand the risk management process
- evaluate and assess risk
- determine criteria for making risk decisions
- prepare a risk treatment plan
- be aware of risk treatment mechanisms and their relationships to one another.
- Introduction and concepts
- Risk identification
- Risk analysis
- Decision criteria
- Risk treatment
- Monitoring and review
- Case studies
- ISO 31000:2018 (and some reference to NZS 4360:2004 which has been superseded)
- Output documents
- Closeout and summary
- "Very useful information applicable to my line of work."
- "Good course, particularly in light of my industry of insurance. Recommended for newer staff at a basic level to identify and manage issues."
- "A very engaging course oriented to the practical aspects of Risk Management rather than focusing on statistical and weighting methods."
- "This is the best course (content and presentation) I have been on in years."
- "Good refresher and reinforcement of knowledge."