Gallup has studied thousands of work teams and millions of leaders, managers and employees and discovered the significant potential in developing what is innately 'right' with people versus trying to fix what's 'wrong' with them. A focus on employee strengths proceeds from the simple notion that we are all better at some things than others and that we would be happier and more productive if we spent more of our time doing those things.
Extensive research has found that:
- people who use their strengths are three times as likely to report having an excellent quality of life
- people who use their strengths are six times as likely to be engaged in their jobs
- teams that focus on strengths every day have 12.5% greater productivity
- teams that receive strengths feedback have 8.9% greater profitability.
This workshop gives managers and teams the tools to harness the understanding of this research, and more importantly, give the team a common language to discuss their strengths, their contributions and what each individual needs from the team to be working at their best.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- recognise your own strengths and those of your team and the power of a strengths-based approach
- identify the 34 talent themes of CliftonStrengths
- recognise how different themes can support and challenge each other
- create greater awareness in the team of each other’s strengths
- use techniques so that the team can work more effectively together
- aim the individual strengths into achieving the team’s goals.
- Increasing the team’s awareness of the principles of strengths-based development
- Understanding the strengths profile of each individual in the team
- Talents in action activity (reinforcing each other’s strengths)
- The power of strength-based partnerships
- The DNA of the team – exploring the team strengths profile
- The best of us activity (how to get the best out of each member)
- Common goals and next steps
- Gallup CliftonStrengths assessments taken by each member of the team prior to the workshop
- Optional but recommended – a one-on-one coaching session with each team member to give them a deeper understanding of their own profile before the team workshop