Every day we can be faced with small or large negotiations, problems to solve and people to engage in discussions. Doing so constructively, effectively and with both an agreement and intact sound working relationships is the essence of this workshop.
Using interactive exercises you will explore a way of sifting through all the information exchanged in negotiations and problem-solving discussions to help you work strategically, and to redefine the issues so they can be discussed constructively by each negotiator. This approach can increase the options for settlement.
Participation in this workshop will enable you to:
- work effectively when there are differences of opinion
- use a pathway that guides discussions from problem to solution
- identify what drives another person's position and to use this understanding to create innovative solutions that other parties can agree to
- voice your view succinctly and with the appropriate level of assertiveness.
- Thinking like a negotiator (or problem solver)
- Talking like a negotiator (or problem solver)
- How to build small agreements towards a final negotiation result (or 'final cooperative result')