The programme reviews the MBTI framework and individual types with a focus on self-awareness and within-team communication. You will work on MBTI typing of others as a workplace assignment. This will leverage into communication strategies with internal customers, including development of a Communication Charter to support client engagements.
The programme will provide information, tools and practice of new communications behaviours. It will support adoption of these behaviours in the workplace setting.
Participation in this workshop will enable you to:
- adapt and show flexibility when communicating with others
- develop relationships within the team and with internal customers
- communicate messages clearly and concisely - focusing on key points and using appropriate language
- capture customer feedback and pass it to relevant channels in the organisation
- identify implications of communication issues that impact your own work objectives
- recognise the impact of your own communications on others and be open to constructive feedback.
Day 1: Effective Communications within the Team and Developing Self-Awareness in Communication Preferences
- Introduction to MBTI and communication
- Bringing your MBTI type back into focus
- Applying MBTI insights to internal team communications
- MBTI and self-leadership – understanding your type and how it affects communication preferences
- Self-awareness and Emotional Intelligence in customer interactions
- Explanation of practice assignment
Between Sessions: Identifying MBTI Types in Others
Workplace Exercise: Participants will be asked to identify people in their work-lives whose MBTI is very similar/different than their own and to describe the behaviours that led them to believe that. They will then be asked to practise working in a way that would accommodate another style that is different than their own and describe what that is like for them.
Day 2: Building Strong Internal Customer Relationships through Effective Communications: Building a Client Engagement Charter
- Reflections and feedback on practice
- Packaging communications for the needs of others
- Building client trust through effective communication strategies (client engagement practices for the team)
- Responding to client feedback
- Customer/team communication charter – adding to client engagement practices
- MBTI and collaboration – making diversity work for innovative outcomes