Dr Michelle Shields
This change leadership workshop introduces you to the fundamental principles of Appreciative Inquiry (AI) – a positive and engaging approach to purposeful organisational change. The workshop utilises the essential steps of AI – Define, Discover, Dream, Design and Deliver – to build a sustainable solution to a change dilemma identified by the participant group.
Combining concepts of systems thinking with AI, the techniques taught will be useful if you are involved in introducing positive, sustainable change in your organisation.
By the end of this workshop, you will:
- understand the essential principles and practices of Appreciative Inquiry (AI)
- have experience applying the five fundamental stages of the AI process
- be familiar with several case examples for implementing AI in an organisational context
- understand how an AI solution can be used in organisational change and development.
- Traditional vs Appreciative Inquiry (AI) approaches to organisational change
- Five steps in the AI process – their principles and applications
- Five stages of organisational development through AI
- Applying systems thinking tools in working with groups to co-create positive change solutions through AI
- "An interesting topic presented in a very inclusive way."
- "A great tool to add to my leadership skills. Interesting to be more feeling focused."
- "This has given me a tool to give new life to a tired planning process."