Effective communication underpins the smooth and harmonious running of every successful workplace. In the VUCA environment where change is the constant, our influence must be intentional, and communication is the currency! Achieving shared understanding and mutual purpose, with the inevitable disruption and tensions of a pandemic and the associated challenges of hybrid and remote working, means our communication must be strategic.
This workshop provides you with the strategic communication and influencing skills required to deliver key messages. As a result, morale, productivity and workplace relationships are enhanced, and the team has shared agreement on its culture and goals.
Participation in this workshop will enable you to:
- recognise the principles of effective communication and the importance of self-awareness
- reflect on your communication styles and identify how to influence and communicate successfully with your team and external stakeholders
- use empathy, emotional intelligence, listening and questioning techniques to avoid communication breakdown and negotiate successful outcomes
- recognise the importance of feedback, non-verbal communication, assertiveness, perception to influence others positively and ensure shared understanding
- recognise and manage the causes of conflict and engage in crucial conversations to get results.
- Self-awareness, empathy and emotional intelligence
- Communication theory
- Communication styles and adjusting to others’ styles
- Listening, questioning and non-verbal communication skills
- Assertiveness, conflict and courageous conversations
- Influencing and persuasion skills