For many leaders, the management of things can take us away from the leadership of people. Both are prerequisites to effectively executing business strategy and creating highly motivated teams that can consistently and willingly ‘do the job’.
This workshop is based on the principles and practices of excellence in leadership and is founded on centuries of accumulated evidence from history, philosophy, science, ethics.
This two-day workshop will share that knowledge, inspire greater levels of self-awareness and self-discipline to enable competent managers to become better leaders.
Legacy Leadership has been designed to challenge both new and experienced leaders in their daily routines and decision making. The skills and techniques learned can be applied immediately to effect positive results both at work and within our wider communities of influence.
It aims to introduce a clearly defined system of skills and behaviours that will enhance all forms of decision making, delegation, communication and motivation.
Effective management and strong leadership skills are vital for executing business strategy and creating highly motivated teams, but all too often the day-to-day management can take us away from the leadership of people.
Applying accelerated learning techniques, you will be actively engaged in syndicate discussion groups, a wide range of current/relevant leadership scenarios, role plays, case studies and self-assessments. This workshop also encourages and facilitates a high level of critical self-reflection based on past performance and future opportunities.
On completion, you will be armed with an extensive Legacy Leadership master document for future use, back on the job.
Did You Know?
- The number one reason people quit their jobs – their boss
- 50% of all employees would fire their boss if they could
- Poorly led work groups are 50% less productive, 44% less profitable
(Source: Gallup study of over one million employees)
Participation in this workshop will enable you to:
- lead by example – MORE
- have an increased/heightened self-awareness that drives credibility and consistency
- confront poor performance in the workplace – confidently
- empathise/connect with other team members more effectively
- apply four distinct leadership strategies – relative to specific leadership situations
- demonstrate positive/constructive energies consistently throughout your day
- be more resilient/focussed when dealing with workplace stressors
- facilitate targeted team meetings with increased confidence and competence
- plan and prioritise workplace commitments more effectively.
- Distinctions between leadership and management
- Personal mastery and how to take control of bad habits
- Credibility – the starting point of earning respect
- The power of authentic/empathic relationships
- Diagnosis of poor performance and how to deal with it – confidently
- Having courageous conversations – that effect positive and permanent change
- Applying four distinct leadership strategies - for effective decision making and delegation
- Personal wellbeing – ‘Living above the line’
- Learning from those ‘great leaders’ who have gone before us
- Leaving the right legacy
- Establishing new personal development goals/expectations for the future