What do you do when confronted with people who emphatically disagree with you or each other? How do you respond to conflict in a way that acknowledges differences, creates collaborative discussions and results in a solution everyone can live with? Being challenged and remaining effective in conflicts can be emotionally demanding without sufficient skills to give you confidence.
This workshop provides both a structure for understanding conflict and practical skills that make a difference so your future interventions can give results. You will gain increased confidence from learning and applying a range of approaches to turn challenging behaviour into objective or constructive discussions.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- understand and diagnose the nature of the conflict
- guide a discussion through the phases from problem to solution
- apply practical tools that can increase confidence in responding to challenging behaviour.
- Understanding the conflicts we work with
- Steps to take discussions from conflict to cooperation
- Skills to help people talk safely and build working relationships including:
- finding common ground when we disagree with people
- reframing messages and the content of discussion from negative to constructive
- how to say 'no' honestly and respectfully
- being persuasive