Crises come in all shapes and sizes and in our increasingly volatile world, they are becoming more and more frequent. Effective leadership is essential to help reduce the potential financial, operational, environmental, social or reputational impacts of crises on organisations.
In this workshop, we examine what makes a leader and a leadership team effective in a crisis. We cover principles such as clear and honest communication, self-reflection, self-care, collaborative decision-making and problem solving, risk management, and collaboration. Through this workshop you will develop the skills to become an effective crisis leader and will know how to build a successful leadership team that can navigate the uncertainty that comes along with a crisis.
Crisis leadership is critical at all levels in an organisation. This workshop can be applied at Board, Executive or team level.
Participation in this workshop will enable you to:
- identify the attributes of a good crisis leader and leadership team
- prepare for a crisis pre-event
- solve problems and make decisions during a crisis more effectively
- manage yourself and your team during a long-run crisis.
- Crises – what are we preparing for?
- Attributes of an effective crisis leadership team
- Crisis management team – who should be in it? How do we work together?
- Crisis management plan – who makes decisions? Board/management interface?
- Self care
- Managing information and horizon scanning
- Decision-making and problem solving under pressure
- Working with others
- Reflection during a crisis
- Managing risks during a crisis (eg health and safety)