The workshop focuses on understanding team formation, effectiveness factors and performance barriers. You will gain practical knowledge in how to critically assess team-based behaviours that contribute to outcomes. You will receive previous personalised feedback using the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) to better understand your leadership preferences for operational planning and preferred means of communication for engaging the team around implementation.
The second day focuses on coaching the team for peak performance by understanding the diversity in the team and its implications for innovation. An introduction to goal setting and effective feedback techniques and leading the team through change and transition are also addressed. At the end of the two days you will have a personalised action plan for further developing as an inspirational leader.
It is recommended that you complete The Self-Aware Leader course or at least have undertaken a recent MBTI before attending this course.
Participation in this workshop will enable you to:
- recognise how your MBTI preferences apply to your personal team leadership style and preferences
- understand how effective teams develop and the critical factors needed for performance
- undertake effective team member goal setting and give performance feedback
- understand the challenges of team leadership in managing the team through change
- create personal strategies for inspiring team members to strive for high levels of performance.
- Review of MBTI preference and application to team leadership strengths
- Team development stages, principles of team effectiveness and five important dynamics for team functioning
- Reinforcement and strategies for creating stretch goals and giving effective feedback for goal attainment
- The leadership challenges of managing the team through periods of change and leading during times of transition
- Defining inspirational leadership and selecting a leadership competency to focus on for becoming a more inspirational team leader