A common challenge for leaders – both those with direct reports and those in individual contributor roles – is managing the competing demands and staying on top of the vast amounts of information coming to them day in and day out.
This workshop takes an applied approach to understanding the leader’s challenges for managing priorities, how to effectively delegate, and crafting an elevator pitch to secure resources.
Participation in this workshop will enable you to:
- recognise the importance of prioritising ‘big rocks’
- analyse your own time-tracking data to apply Covey’s framework of ‘urgent and important’ work
- use new ways for prioritising your work through feedforward peer-to-peer coaching
- self-assess your individual barriers to delegation
- apply a continuum of delegation strategies appropriate for different degrees of skill
- use strategies for taking pro-active steps to deal with resistance and gaining buy-in for additional resources.
- Analysing your time log using the Covey framework
- Feedforward coaching for priority management
- Understanding your psychological barriers to delegation
- The delegation continuum – matching the approach to the people
- Securing more resources – crafting your elevator pitch