Customer-driven organisations recognise the imperative of being responsive to client needs and expectations. However, how do you deal with clients who are demanding or have unrealistic expectations? How do you say ‘no’ to a client, whilst maintaining a positive relationship?
This practical workshop provides practical tools and tips you can implement in everyday negotiations so you achieve more creative solutions and successful outcomes. You will learn key strategies to negotiate confidently in person and online, while maintaining a positive client relationship and achieving a win-win.
The interactive activities involve face-to-face and online negotiations.
Participation in this workshop will enable you to:
- recognise the difference between positional and principled negotiation
- use interpersonal and questioning skills so you understand the interests behind your client’s position and can achieve a win-win
- plan your negotiation, and understand the phases involved and what information to share with whom and when
- employ the appropriate strategy to manage expectations and resolve client issues.
- Current communication theory
- Listening, questioning and feedback skills
- Assertiveness and the alternatives
- Negotiation strategies and tactics
- Generating options for a win-win